What We’re All About
What comes to mind when you hear the word “mascot?”
Maybe you picture a gigantic bobble head with lifeless eyes on a baggy, potato sack of a body.
Now imagine wearing it on a football field in the sun, a crowd surrounding you.
It’s dark and cavernous inside the mask. You can smell the body odor left behind by previous wearers. Your vision and hearing are muffled. The crowd is cheering but you can’t wait to break free from this saggy, sweaty prison.
Guess what? It doesn’t have to be this way.
Here at Strut Your Fluff, mascots are so much cooler–in more ways than one.
My name is Lindsay Palmer, but you can call me Sudoku.
I’m the artist of Strut Your Fluff and the personality behind Sudoku the marten.
My mission is to make mascots an exciting part of entertainment for everyone–from schools to brands to the local enthusiast.
A Closer Look
Strut Your Fluff guarantees superior costumes that are larger-than-life yet tailored to the performer.
Here’s a lookbook of our mascot, Sudoku.
- The mask is hand-carved from light, soft polyfoam and covered with quality faux fur. The interior is fully lined with cool Spandex® for comfort and aesthetic purposes.
- The eyes are made from plastic and one-way vinyl mesh, designed for excellent vision.
- Ventilation is through the hollow mouth, eye mesh, and hidden ear vents. Sudoku’s teeth are hand-sculpted from thermoplastic, her lips and tongue are sewn from anti-pill fleece, and her nose is sewn from Spandex®.
A Comfy, Durable Body
- Sudoku’s bodysuit is padded with three removable Spandex® pillows, two for her legs and one for her chest. They feature zippers for easy Poly-Fil adjustment/replacement.
- The padding is light and very flexible. Sudoku’s tail is sewn into the bodysuit and is also padded with Poly-Fil.
- The bodysuit itself is machine-sewn from faux fur, and the seams are double-stitched. Entry is through a hidden zipper in the back.
- All seams are sewn either by hand or machine for maximum durability.
- Her feet are carved from polyfoam with faux fur sewn over them. For outdoor performance, are soled with firm EVA foam, however Strut Your Fluff now offers neoprene rubber soling for a much tougher finish.
- The claws are also thermoplastic, and the interiors of the feet are lined with quilted broadcloth and hemmed with anti-pill fleece.
Experience Proves It:
Sudoku has appeared at presentations on a local, regional, and state level. My most trying performance was 3 hours long in the middle of July at a festival, however I had no issues whatsoever; while of course it was physically tiring, I was able to entertain safely and comfortably.
Sudoku still looks like new and I look forward to many more adventures to come!
Q: What are you?
A: I’m a pine marten. It’s like a ferret, but way cooler.
Q: How do you pronounce your name?
A: “Soo-DOH-koo.” But I guarantee you’ll still mispronounce it.
Q: Are you named after the game?
Q: What is your gender?
A: I’m a girl. I’m a “she.” I’m a “her.”
Q: How old are you?
A: Temporarily young, wild forever.
Q: How tall are you?
A: Short. But I make up for it in attitude.
Q: What is your favorite color?
A: Royal purple. It reminds me of myself.
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: Bold of you to assume I consume anything besides Monster.
Q: Name three things you can’t stand.
A: Rules, rules, rules. And pants. That’s four, but didn’t I say I hated rules?
Q: Describe yourself in two words.
A: Party animal.
Q: If you had a theme song, what would it be?
A: Anything, as long as it’s loud.
Q: What’s your personal style?
A: Better than yours.
Q: Where do you live?
A: In a constant state of awesomeness.
Q: Quote to live by?
A: Life’s a party. Might as well dance.